Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Bake Me a Cake I Can Eat...

So cake art. Help me to understand the phenomenon. I get oddly mesmerized watching shows like Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes, and Ultimate Cake Wars.   I sit  fascinated as they create these works of art out of cake and rice crispy treats but in the end all I think is that it must taste horrible. They manipulate the ingredients via hand for days. There's all kinds of super human effort to keep these creations together. Sure they look cool but what's the point? Shouldn't a cake just taste good?





3 comments:

  1. I'm recently obsessed with cute cupcakes. I have no idea why. They never taste as good as the ones we make at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ugly cupcakes taste better than any other pretty thing I've ever eaten anywhere else, without a doubt. I think you're right. Give me a cake I can eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hungry and we're talking about cake! Chocolate with white frosting, period. No decorations just taste good.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...