Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Aware of the Pink...

This past Sunday I happened into the living room while Matt was watching some football game.  I'm not certain which one but I vaguely remember Skyler speaking of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders so maybe it was Dallas.  I looked at the television for a minute and said to Matt "Hey, I think something is wrong with the color on the tv.  Everything red looks pink."  He rolled his eyes at me like he always does if I bother to attempt to understand anything on television during a sporting event and pointed out that it WAS pink and that they were supporting Breast Cancer Awareness month.  I watched for a minute more, looking at all the things that were pink, cleats, gloves, hats, t-shirts, cups, towels.  You name an item on the sideline of a football game and they had it in pink.

Here's where I'm going to get on a soapbox.  Just think for a moment about all the money that they spent this month to change all of those items to pink.  Everything had to be purchased/created anew, in pink.  And then they claimed that they were supporting breast cancer.  Really?  I'm just guessing but I'd estimate that most people are aware of breast cancer and all of the money spent on all those pink cleats would have been better spent as a donation to breast cancer research.  Maybe someone is going to come here and argue that the NFL DOES donate to breast cancer research.  It's possible.  They could have.  I didn't research it.  But they could have donated even more.  Much much more.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! I made this same argument to Wes. All the teams did it. 14 games, TWENTy-FOUR teams! Every coach had pink on their new hats, every uniform, every helmet, every uniform, new wrist guards, the paint on the field, the screen shots, it goes on and on. So much money!

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...