Thursday, December 23, 2010

Airing of Grievances...

Per the tradition of Festivus, I will be airing my grievances.

Grievance #1 - I'm tired of being a sick person.   RA really kicked my ass in 2010 and I don't see an end in site.  My family is tired of it to the  point where the kids actually roll their eyes when I say I'm going to lie down.  Bronchitis has been living in my lungs for the past month.  I'm actually tired of the act of coughing.  Can 2011 bring me some good health oh pretty pretty please?

Grievance #2 - this one is petty but it's stuck in my craw.  Have you noticed that bags of Nestle toll house chocolate chips have gone down from 12oz to 11oz.  Oh yes they have.  I was wondering what they did with the traditional recipe on the outside of the package and found that the sneaky bastards just adjusted the recipe measurements too.  I use one full bag to make Amanda Rocks (if you don't know what these are you are sorry and don't even know it) and if we're going to keep wacking an ounce off the package size I'm going to have to start using more than one package per batch and that's just bullshit.

Grievance #3 - I'm still battling the hold that soda has on me.  I'm doing okay but I certainly haven't kicked it.  I can't imagine what kicking crack would be like.

Grievance #4 - My house continues to refuse to clean itself.

I think that's good for now.  I feel better already.  Do you have any grievances to air?





4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lead...
    http://chimchim-adayinthelife.blogspot.com/2010/12/in-tradition-of-following-amandas-lead.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have some! I may steal this and air my own. THANKS! And yes, I did notice the Tollhouse thing and yes, it's bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just keep pretending that soda is okay to drink (hides head!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have completely kicked the soda, so much so that I now cannot stand to drink it. :)

    How did I do it? Soda and mineral water - sometimes with fresh fruit for extra interest.

    You still get the bubbles, but not the sugar and other evilness contained in regular soda.

    I like to throw in some freshly cut up strawberries, or a slice of lime, lemon, or orange.

    It takes some time to get used to the taste of soda/mineral water but once I did, I am totally addicted to it now, and it is a good kind of addiction. Soda is way too sweet for me now. :)

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...