Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Christmas Card Dilemma...

I wasn't in the mood for Christmas cards this year. I had no ideas and no pictures that I felt were going to make the cut. I had decided to scrap the whole thing for the first time EVER!

When I packed for our Thanksgiving trip I must have had something in the back of my mind because on Thanksgiving Day we were all dressed in similar colors. I called an emergency Christmas Card Picture Taking Time Out and forced my family to smile nice for the camera. One person in the family who shall not be named was less than cooperative and forced me to have to hunt the internet for software to swap heads on pictures. Can I just tell you how awesome and easy Microsoft Cloud is? You just choose the two pictures you want, it asks you which heads you like best and it does all the work for you. AWE.SOME.

SO. There will be Christmas Cards. I had them designed and ordered within an hour of taking the picture. It didn't hurt that Zazzle was having a 70% off Thanksgiving sale.  I hated to cheat on my old favorite Shutterfly but it was a difference of about $40.  That pays for postage.  We'll see how long it takes me to send them out.  I'm seriously up to my eyeballs in baby hats.

In other Christmas Card news, my friend Tammy won my annual race for First Christmas Card Received.  Ashley of Peters Party of 5 usually wins but Tammy was local and on the ball this year.  If only there were a prize.  Hmmm.  I'll think of something.   Also, this is a good idea for next year.  Someone remind me in November huh?


4 comments:

  1. DAMNIT, TAMMY! Oh, well. Wear the crown proudly but next year I'm taking it back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the US style Christmas cards, especially for friends and family that are far away. We'll be sending the traditional Christmas cards with images of robins and snowy Scotland on them.

    Have a lovley December.
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I wasn't into it this year either. What is going on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for head-swapping! I totally should have done that: the picture I went with had four of the kids looking good and one of them...er, NOT looking so good!

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...