Friday, January 21, 2011

This Wouldn't Be Embarrassing If I Didn't Tell You... *Updated*


I don't usually work on Fridays but I took last Monday off so I decided to make up some time.  The good  part about Fridays is that we can wear jeans.  This week, I get up earlier than the fam and have been creeping around getting dressed in the dark.  So I do all the morning stuff, hair, make-up, get dressed...  I leave the house and drive away.  It's cold out and I forgot my gloves, so to warm the non-driving hand I stick it between my legs and realize "I WORE THE JEANS WITH THE ALMOST HOLES".  I had to calculate, be late to work or have the potential to walk around with my fleshy thighs hanging out of the soon-to-be holes in my pants.  I drove on.

When I got to work I hit up our building manager for a roll of duct tape.  Oh yes I did.

Okay fine.  My thigh flesh is not going to pop out today but do you have any idea what duct tape feels like stuck to your inner thighs?  It is not enjoyable.  It is also awkward to attempt to un-stick it every time you get up from your desk.  If my coworkers didn't already think I was crazy I'm sure today is helping to seal the deal.


**Update**
Do you write an update at the top or the bottom of a post?  Huffington Post writes theirs at the top.  If I haven't read the article yet this is annoying as you get new information about something you haven't yet read.  If I've already read the article, it's nice to not have to scan for an update.  Hmmm?

ANYWAY, duct tape is not exactly comfortable on the inner thigh area.  It sticks and chafes.  I lasted until lunch time when I needed to stop at Target anyway and so I grabbed some athletic tape.  HALLELUJAH we have a winner and I've spent way too much time thinking about this today. I should have just turned around and changed my damn jeans.

***


5 comments:

  1. OMG you are too funny! And a girl after my own heart. Two things I packed for college - duct tape and WD-40 - because if it moves and it shouldn't duct tape it and if it sticks and it shouldn't use WD-40 on it! Also - always have super glue on hand - you would be amazed at the things I have super-glued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is things such as this that remind me what I love about you most...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIlarious! I used to get dressed in the dark when I stayed with Wes before we were married. I once went to work with two different black shoes on.
    Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally going to use that on the knees of Wiliam's jeans. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am all about duct tape. You really can do just about anything with it.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...