Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things are Looking Up...

I wasn't going to say anything out loud because the Universe seems to want to jack me up whenever I start to feel good, but I figure you guys need an update.

I've been seeing a new doctor who is a bit of an arrogant jerk but I'm letting that one slide because so far I am agreeing with his opinion.  He isn't convinced that I have RA and helped me to look at my previous records and see that too.  Last year I was so sick and wanting answers that I was willing to believe the little signs and not realize that they didn't amount to much.  Cryptic no? ANYWAY.  New doc had me go off of all the chemotherapy I was taking and for the first time in over a year, I don't have that hazy foggy feeling like when you have the flu.  I'm taking a ton of vitamins.  I am trying a Fibromyalgia drug that I think might actually be working.  I'll keep you updated.

In the meantime, I've got my Soccer Mom cape on full-time now.  I didn't even get a break for winter.  Skyler is in gymnastics.  Even Matt is playing soccer in an adult league.  We've got something going on every day and it's delightful.

I spend most of those practices sitting on the sidelines chatting with friends and working on crochet project after crochet project.  I've become addicted to Ravelry.  I blame my friend Yarn for introducing me to that particular awesome time-suck.

I'm still reading a lot (see my Goodreads lists over there ---------> on the sidebar).  I usually give myself a goal of reading 50 books a year.  I rocked it last year at over 60 but I'm way behind this year.  I haven't been including crochet books but maybe I should.  Hmmm.  Have you read any of my recent reads?   There are a few great ones I'd recommend.  Sarah's Key was fantastic as was When We Were Strangers.  Do you have any recommendations for me?

I'm hoping that my year-long funk is working its way out of my life and that I'll feel like gabbing more. 

Talk soon,
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. So so so, oh so happy you're beginning to feel a little better! What's the fibro drug you're taking?

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...