Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Declare that it was meant to be...

I want to share with you one of my favorite blogs in the whole wide world.  THE WORLD people.  This is huge.

I can't even remember how I found eighteen25 but there were magic sparkles in the air and angels sang when I did.  The ladies there find the greatest crafts and things that I have to have.  Sometimes they have a tutorial and sometimes there's a giveaway.   I'm going to share with you my favorite craft they've shared ever.  I made these for the kids' teachers last Winter and they were a huge hit.  They are simple craft boxes with dividers inside that you fill with all sorts of teacher treats.  The kids have fun decorating the outside and you feel like super mom with very little effort.  I can't wait to make these again this year.  Zack is in 5th grade which is his last year at his elementory school so I need to leave my mark as Awesome Crafty Mom when really I'm Super Lazy Crabby Mom.

Blog post with instructions here
Now, that ^  is my favorite of the projects that I've seen on eighteen25 but my favorite post of theirs was a contest in which little old me WON something that I had been coveting for awhile.  You know how I have quite the collection of personalized silver necklaces?  You don't?  Well read about that here (after glancing at that link I've realized that my collection has grown by at least three that I can think of).  The one item that I coveted for my collection was out of my price range.  :( 

I wanted a finger print of each of my kids to be set in sterling.  These run on average about $100 per fingerprint and I have TWO children.  I'm no math whiz but that's right around $200 and their fingers aren't getting any smaller.  Well low and behold eighteen25 ran a contest for a designer that sells these and I won a $100 gift certificate.  Back to that math, that left me at about $100 I needed to sneak out of our bank account.  I hemmed and hawed and sat on it until one day Tina Steinberg ran a bogo (that's buy one get one for you non-shoppers) deal.   Hot damn, now we're talking.  After all was said and purchased, with shipping and various design choices, I walked away at $40 which is so much easier to sneak out of the checking account.  I mean it's 20% of the original cost.  How could I not buy it?  I think I made the right choice.  Don't you?


3 comments:

  1. How can I un-see this post?? When my hubby demands to know where all our money went, I'm just going to point my finger at you, ok? ;-) (LOVE! The necklaces.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you won that! I love eighteen25. I won a silhouette machine from them last year.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...