Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Inspiration...

The end of summer has brought out my crafty side.  I read eleventy-three kajillion craft blogs (and by read I mean skim for goodness) and they've all got my creative juices flowing.  Usually I don't bother to take pictures of my crafts as the first run is usually a surprise to me if it comes out right and after that I'm bored by it.  I'm my own worst enemy I tell you. 

Last week I was reading Tatortots & Jello and one of their projects sparked my interest.


I'm not sure what inspired me.  The use of canvas?  I have a canvas at home that was nagging at my brain from a project gone wrong.  I was eager to use it for something else lest I feel bad for having to toss it.  The silhouette of the bird?  The fun of ripping up little bits of magazines of which I have many that have never even been read?  I'm not sure but I liked it.

Sunday morning while Matt and the kids were clearing up broken tree limbs from the back yard I supported them by sitting on the front step Mod Podging bits of ripped up magazine onto the previous project-gone-wrong canvas.  I mean I was THERE right?  Actually I started by telling Skyler she could help me with a project but she didn't have my vision and soon she was convinced I was downright nuts and wandered off.  Oh boy was she sorry later.  While the Mod Podge dried I contemplated a stencil.  I didn't have anything awesome on hand so I pouted a bit.  Then I got the idea that I wanted an "M" but the stencil I had was the wrong size so I traced and cut and let me show you what I came up with.  It's all sorts of awesome and oh yes Ms. Skyler came back when she saw me get the paint out.  But did I let her help?  No Ma'am.  You need to stick around for the long haul if you want to play with the good stuff.  Mean Mommy.



It's way better in person!


2 comments:

  1. It is awesome in person! Can't wait to see what the fall brings with all your craftiness. What will rub off on me this year?

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...