Tuesday, August 02, 2011

*** NEWS FLASH ***


There just might be something to this evening exercise thing.  Last night I took the kids to the local spot for evening walking and exercise.  They were excited to get out of the house, I was nervous for the whining and the temperature, it was hovering around 95*.  I made them agree that we would walk first and then they could play on the brand new play structure which was gleaming in the distance.

We walked.  I walked.  Skyler whined and talked and whined.  Zack kept up behind me and reminded Sky why she shouldn't be whining.  I basically refused to talk to them.  I just kept trucking on.  The further I got the less likely that she could break me down and snap a nerve.  It was hot, sweat streaming down your back hot.  We got around the loop and they could see the brand new enormous play structure.  Their interests sparked and off they went.  I sat recovering from my pounding, over-heated brain.

When it was time to leave, the kids were agreeable and both kept thanking me for thinking of coming there.  They didn't fight (as much) that evening, ate their dinner, and went to bed at a decent time.  It was a sweaty miracle. 

I'm not sure what to make of all this.  Could exercise possibly be good for you? 

5 comments:

  1. Dont get crazy! If it was good for you, more people would be doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to take my boys on an evening walk nearly every night. And then life got super busy and that whole walking thing went right out the window.

    I think it works though, fresh air makes kids behave better, I think.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...