Wednesday, January 25, 2012

40 Bags of Clutter - the Master Linen Closet

Last night I worked on the master bathroom linen closet. It was hard to take pictures of because it's in a narrow hallway. This is where I keep all things medicine, hair, eye, razor, etc etc. Right now we toss unused towels on the top shelf, all things we sometimes use on the central shelf, and the lower shelves are a jumble of items I don't remember and my empty prescription bottle collection (more on that later). Here's the before:

Can we discuss that I had four FOUR boxes of a hair color I don't even use anymore, I stopped coloring my hair over a year ago.  I wonder if I can return those?

Here are the afters:



I got rid of an entire HUGE Target bag full of crap no one uses. The kind of Target bag you might use if you bought two pillows. I have no idea what I was keeping all that old unused stuff for. I do have an issue with hair product. I haven't found one I like since we lived in San Diego and my hair salon had their own product that I L.O.V.E.D., that was eight years ago. So I try and dislike a lot of hair products. Now on to the prescription bottle thing.

I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia two years ago. I've had a hard time dealing with it and take SO much medication. I saved the bottles for some reason. There were more, orange bottles, cardboard packages, syringes. I couldn't throw most of it out - it was some weird psychological thing about seeing the accumulation of all the medicine I took/take. Anyway, 2011 is on the left and 2010 is on the right. I really thought there were more.

I threw them all away yesterday and it felt good! I'm thankful to this project. Bleh bleh bleh - I'm not going to get all emotional about it, but it was a good thing.

Are you clearing out your closets?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the rx bottle catharsis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, <3.

    And, I took five boxes of tiny baby stuff and toys to Goodwill today. Woot!

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...