Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Headband Curls...

Skyler always asks me to curl her hair. This is a pain in the butt for several reasons: 1. She doesn't sit still long enough for me to put curlers in and they tend to make the ends of her hair weird B. She doesn't sit still long enough for me to use a curling iron on her and there's really no way either of us are getting up early enough anyway, and 3. She doesn't sit still long enough. So I've been meaning to try a new technique that a friend recommended that doesn't require heat and uses only a headband.

I did a quick youtube search and then Skyler and I watched the video together.

This looked REALLY easy.  We found a headband that would work and it literally took me two minutes to get her hair wrapped, then she did mine.  While we were getting ready for bed, we both found that we had to bobby-pin our last ends in.  I did this for both of us.




Now a couple of things happened.  Skyler decided that she wasn't used to having a headband across her forehead for an entire night's sleep so she took cotton balls and put a line of them under the headband, on her forehead.  She refused to let me take a picture which is too bad because I almost peed she looked so funny.  That child is beating to a totally different drummer.  Once she went to bed, I had to admit to myself that this wasn't going to work for me because I can't wear headbands without getting a headache.  I took mine out.  It had only been in for about an hour and I still had some curl action going on.  You'd think I would have taken a picture but, nope.

Skyler woke up to beautiful curls that we styled in the same manner as the little girl in the video.  This being somewhat of a photo presentation, you'd think I would have taken a picture but...nope.  You'll just have to go with my vote of approval for this video and method!

Go forth and curl your daughter's hair!


1 comment:

  1. oh dude. i tried that one time. i did not have such good results: http://aliceblogs.blogspot.com/2011/08/hair-woes.html

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...