Thursday, February 02, 2012

Spoiled, I haz it...

On Tuesday Big Daddy drove my car to work. He had a longer drive and my car gets better gas mileage and is way awesomer. This is evidenced by the event where I got into BD's car at lunchtime to run errands and was immediately faced with having to lean over to turn the stereo up.   My car of awesome has stereo controls on the steering wheel. There is no leaning over. Win. I called BD to whine immediately. He was not impressed and labeled me spoiled. Hmph.

After the terrible task of leaning over I was faced with doing half my grocery shopping on my lunch break. My arthritis is flared up something terrible and turning the cart and pushing it and lifting the bags was a total bitch. I went back to work and cried about it to my friend Michelle who pointed out that there were services out there who shopped for you.  You could shop online, which hello? Total win. Shopping online is my favorite past-time. Then someone would take your list, pick out all your items, and deliver them to you. I knew that there weren't any home delivery services in our area and I thought that was pushing the lazy quotient a bit far and we needed milk stat.  Then I remembered that Harris Teeter totally does car side delivery.  I went online, click click clicked and had my order set to be picked up that evening.  Shortly after I got a call from the manager saying that they had a larger item to substitute for the same price. Win.  Then she said that I could pick my order up earlier than the stated time. Win.  I anticipated having to wait FO-ever at the little drive-up thing they have, but I shit you not it was four minutes (yes I timed it) from when I pulled up, to the kid putting my groceries, which were double-paper bagged, into the back of my car. Win.  I was giddy.  GIDDY I tell you.  I pulled up at the house, honked and two little worker bees came out, got my groceries, AND PUT THEM AWAY.  Clearly I was dreaming.  Could grocery shopping be this easy?  Yes, yes it can.  When I relayed this story to Big Daddy his first question of course was "how much?".  How much does it cost to not have to bring your kids with you shopping?  How much does it cost to not have to wait in line and make small-talk with the cashier (see previous posts about me hating small-talk/people)?  How much does it cost to get home at a reasonable hour?  I'll tell you.  It costs $5.00.  FIVE DOLLARS.  I SAVED about $30 not having the kids with me talking me into buying them crap. WOOT.  Beat that!  (This first purchase actually cost me $0.00 as they don't charge you the first time.  You can also join a monthly deal where you pay $16 and use it as much as you want.  I am not being paid by HT for this endorsement.  They have no idea who I am.)

Are you spoiled?

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you jumped on the grocery-ordering train! Why not make life easier when you can? That's not being spoiled... that's being efficient!

    As for the leaning to get to the radio, I can't help you there :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, efficient!! I'm efficient, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i work for a company in the green/energy efficiency space, and we have these awesome tshirts that say "i'm not lazy, i'm energy efficient." i think you should get an honorary one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of this store but it seems worth moving to Virginia for!! WTH? Now everytime I grocery shop I will curse you.

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...