Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Partial Thai...

I read this great blog written by Alice who has tons of fantastic adventures that she sometimes posts pictures about.  Sometimes, when pictures aren't available, Alice will attempt to explain the situation via MS Paint, hilarity ensues.

Last week Alice wrote about "what to expect from a thai massage" and I nearly peed my pants.  In order for me to continue my post you must go and read Alice's post.  Go ahead.  I'll wait.


*



*



*



*



*



Okay, so last Friday I ran the kids around to two appointments and then delivered them to their schools that are nowhere near each other and then found myself with a few hours between my own appointments.  I stopped in at the closest Panera and had coffee and a bagel.  I was flipping through The Calendar where I discovered an unused gift card for my fav massage place.  I called and asked if they had an opening and made an appointment for an hour later (riveting stuff so far huh?).  This particular massage place is a school where you can have a massage with a recent graduate for really cheap.  I've always had the best massages there because they are trying new techniques and generally still love their jobs.

So I arrive and am told that my masseuse was a man named Chris.  Fantastic.  Chris is very nice and off we go.  I'm face down and Chris is massaging my back, neck and arms and at one point this happens:

Image by Alice at http://aliceblogs.blogspot.com

ALL I could think about was Alice's blog and OMG what the fuck? What if THIS happens?

Image by Alice at http://aliceblogs.blogspot.com
I was alternately horrified and trying to keep from laughing out loud and then also attempting to roll with it.  Thankfully I did not get the "full" thai massage and was only subjected to the climbing-on-top-of rather than the forced-full-body-back-bend.  Once I could relax my fear of being bent in half and having my boobs flail out from the sheet, I actually enjoyed my massage and left feeling rejuvenated.  I spent the rest of the day giggling over the possibility that life could imitate art.  Thank you Alice and Chris.  You definitely made my day interesting.


For more of Alice's adventures rendered in MS Paint, I recommend "like any of you didn't know", "paintings of the pole volume: real life", and "the wrong way to use caffeine".


2 comments:

  1. OK, the "undignified" drawing has me LOLing over here. I.would.die. :D

    I'm glad you enjoyed your massage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAAA! that's awesome - i don't know whether to apologize for exposing you to that possibility, or say you're welcome for warning you about what might come :)

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...