Tuesday, March 27, 2012

When Soccer and The Hunger Games Collide...

Do you ever experience a time when all your random thoughts come crashing together in one terrible nightmare? Let me explain where I'm going.

Last week I went to see The Hunger Games with a group of girlfriends. We had a fantastic time and enjoyed seeing the movie together. All but one of us had read the book and we were all still on the edges of our seats and gasping in suspense throughout the movie.

We have 90,000 bazillion things piling up with soccer in the coming week. We keep having games rained out and they must be made up so they just get piled together. This coming weekend should be awesome. I keep worrying about whether I'm keeping all the parents informed correctly and whether I'm getting all the information from the coaches and the league that I need.  I keep a super detailed Life Planner (by Erin Condren zomg LOVE) and a team webpage through Shutterfly and I just hope that I've got it all right.

Lately I've been having panic attacks at night, right around 3am.  It's a hoot let me tell you.  My brain isn't relaxing, it's worrying while I'm sleeping.  Thanks brain, you're full of awesomesauce.

Anyhoo, last night Zack heard me yelling "Help!  Help!  Help!" in my sleep. I was dreaming that our younger soccer team was in a Hunger Games type battle and there was tons of blood and hunting and viciousness.  I was on a roof-top yelling for help. Zack shook me to wake me up at which point I had that gasping nightmare recovery. It was 3:30. I eventually fell back to sleep but was awake again around 4:45 and then the next hour was all tossing and turning. I was a mess by the time my alarm went off.

There has been a copious amount of coffee this morning and I still can't get the image of my little 9yo soccer players fighting each other to the death out of my head. Yikes.


orange is for sarcasm

1 comment:

  1. I hate those visceral dreams you just can't shake. Those haunt me all day. Yours sounds terrifying. :(

    ReplyDelete

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...