Wednesday, July 18, 2012

One Step Forward Nineteen Back...

Last week one of my FB acquaintances was asking for info on taking prednisone and whether the side effects were worth it for a sinus infection and I was all "btdt no biggy" and everyone else was all "Noooooo prednisone = scary shit".  Then the very next day I went to the podiatrist because I have achilles tendonosis and achilles tendonitis (see also - my body hates me) and she put me on a prednisone taper for twelve days to reduce the inflammation.  I thought "oh hahaha I was just talking about this".

Then all this week I've been a crazy ball of anxiety who can't breath and can't sleep and can't function and finally today I said "hmmm, I just wonder if that's a side effect of the prednisone" and I hit up my bff Google and wouldn't you know that there are 1,001 articles about how prednisone will jack you up if you already have anxiety issues.  It figures.  I seriously cannot solve one problem without causing another.  Now I'm mid-taper and you can't just go off this stuff, you really do have to taper.  SO, even with my phone phobia I had to call my doctor and beg for more xanax which I just swore to him I didn't need anymore.

Let's file this under - Amanda Is Still As Crazy As Ever

Smooches,

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're fabulous for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...